I just learned from a number of sources that the National Rifle Association (NRA) is opposing President Obama’s plan to restrict American hunters from bringing home more than two elephant “trophies” a year,
- “What does the Republican Party have against elephants?”A2 That’s a good question. In the last line of the article, the author Andrew Wetzler mentions that the elephant is the mascot of the Republican Party. He may have stumbled onto a motive. Could the Republicans possibly be thinking that if all the wild elephants were gone, then the law of supply and demand would make their mascot more valuable?
- “The NRA Is Quietly Fighting For Your Right To Kill Elephants For Their Ivory”A3
ostensibly because that would make it harder for gun owners to get top dollar when they try to sell guns with ivory handlesA. Does that even make sense? It is interesting to see their priorities.
Here are my comments to the NRA:
- Since we all know that “guns don’t kill elephants, people do”,To see the Note click here.To hide the Note click here.I am expanding on the unofficial slogan of the NRAA here. People with rocks, no doubt, kill elephants. Possibly even people with tomatoes. That could explain all of those pink elephants you’ve been seeing lately.and
- since the NRA’s job is clearly only to push rifles, as their name implies, then
- I don’t see how you have any standing in this matter (in English, that means “Why should anybody care what you think about elephants”).
The NRA needs to step away from this important issue on the fate of elephants and let the people speak for themselves.
You need to login in order to vote